Friday 24 September 2010

What to do with apples?

My first thought was to make an apple pie.  Then, upon more thinking I realized I've never made a pie before, and now doesn't seem like the time to start. 


Then I was thinking apple cider.  I absolutely love apple cider, yet I've never made it.  Now seemed like the perfect time to start (and it seemed easier than learning how to make pies)  however, once I considered the stuff I'd have to buy (whole cloves, cinnamon, allspice) this idea also hit the scrap pile.  

I finally decided on apple crisp.  Still contains apples, AND delicious!  



I thought we had a recipe in my family recipe binder (I'll be doing a post on this later!)  but couldn't find it. :(  Instead, I pulled out my trusty Betty Crocker book.



Well, the end result was a little disappointing.  Very edible, but disappointing.  



So that's the reason there's no recipe with this.  It's not good enough that I'd recommend it.  If you have an apple crisp recipe that you think is the best, I would love if you shared it!

Check this idea out:

Carmel Apples at I Heart Naptime



Take a look at the other projects that I've posted this week!


Thursday

Friday

1 comment :

  1. I have never met an apple crisp I didn't like! What was so bad about it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.