Thursday 23 September 2010

Leaf Garland

Time to do something with those leaves that we mod podged earlier in the week!!

I'm not big into the buntings that everyone has around craft land (sorry, just not my thing) but I do like the occasional garland, so here's what I did with my leaves!




After you dry and mod podge your leaves as done in this post, gather some strong thread or twine and a needle and you're ready to go.

I tried using thread first, and didn't like it.  It got twisted, and the leaves slid around too much.




Then I grabbed what was left of my hemp (I seriously think that I've had this since I was 12!!) and used it instead.  

This required me to use a yarn needle to poke holes first



Then I threaded the hemp through one side



And then through the other side



And then do it again, and again, and again!!!






Check out the other projects that I've posted this week!


Thursday


Linking up to:

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating       The DIY Show Off

4 comments :

  1. oh my gosh, I was soooo gonna do this and couldn't find nice enough leaves yet! (hasn't turned down in these parts...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us over at our Sassy Sites blog party! It's fun to see everyone! Come on over tomorrow and sign up for our Spotlight Giveaway! We would love to have you!! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a great garland for fall! Modpodge can do wonders!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $40 to get any vinyl decal from Urba Walls. check it out!
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/40-store-credit-from-urban-walls-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.