Monday 20 September 2010

Dried oranges

Welcome to the beginning of Fall Week!!!  All week I'll be posting 2 new projects a day!  Some are easy, some require a bit more time, and all are autumn related!  


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that I'll be hosting an autumn themed link party on Friday (tell your friends!!)


One of my favorite things in the fall is the natural looking decor ideas.  Among these is dried orange slices. 

Today I'm going to show you how to make these, and later this week we'll use them!



First, pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.  Next take your navel orange and cut it reasonably thin.  The thinner the better, but not too too thin.

Place the slices on a baking sheet, I chose to use parchment paper to make sure they don't stick.



Pop them in the oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.  

Take them out and let cool. 

Let them dry out for a couple more days before using them!



So easy, but big impact!

1 comment :

  1. Ooooh, I've never tried anything like this before, but I've had dried orange slices in store-bought potpourri before and I love the way they look! I'm gonna do some of these this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.