Monday 25 July 2011

Summer Scrubin' Had Me a Blast!

It's been a while since I've posted a new scrub recipe.  I love making scrubs because you control the ingredients in them (no artificial preservatives, or perfumes) and they're so much cheaper!

I made 2 for summer time and I think I found my new favorite scent combination!!! LIME and EUCALYPTUS!! Sounds a little weird, but it's awesome & fresh.


TIP: if you're ever unsure what scents work well together, take the 2 (or more scents) in one hand, and wave them under your nose together, this will give you a good idea of what they smell like together!

Now on to the good part - the recipes!
Photobucket


This one is a body scrub because it has a high oil content in it.  I stored mine in an old scrub container.
Photobucket


I also wanted to exfoliate my face too, so I made another scrub, this time a salt scrub.  I prefer salt because when you get a little water in it it won't clump together like sugar does, but for large scrubs, sugar is usually easier.

Orange & Lemon Face Scrub
1/3 cup salt
2 Tbsp baking soda
1 squirt (~1 tsp?) honey
3 capsules vitamin E oil
1 to 2 tsp glycerin
3-4 drops orange essential oil
3-4 drops lemon essential oil


Mix baking soda and salt, add the other ingredients and mix well.  Store in an air tight container.

TIP: I usually avoid adding oil to face scrubs, Vit E was an exception here.  Looking for glycerin?  Look no further than your grocery store/pharmacy... you'll find it with the laxatives.  Yup.

Making scrubs is so very easy once you own the basics.  Here's everything I needed to make these two scrubs:
Photobucket
It takes a while to build up your collection of essential oils, but you can get by with one or two for quite some time!

Check out some of my older scrubs:
Lime & Tea sugar scrub
Autumn spice salt scrub
Peppermint lip scrub
Basic citrus scrub




  Making

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.