Friday 22 July 2011

Camping becomes paining!

In my last post I talked all about my failure of a camping trip (lemons!) which we then took full advantage of and painted my boyfriend's bedroom (lemonade!)

As I look at these pictures it has come to my attention that I'm living in a world of beige that is slowly being converted to color.  Whether it's at my own house (remember this bathroom?)  or over at my boyfriend's house.

Instead of camping, we picked up the painting supplies we needed and got to work!

Here's a couple "before" shots - the whole room was off white, the trim is white (and needing to be re-done).  I took everything out of the room before remembering to get some before shots - whoops!

Photobucket
(poor lighting makes it look more yellow than it is)


Photobucket
(check out those glass knobs - LOVE THEM!)

Adam had a color consultation done a while back because EVERY room in the house was either white or off white and trying to choose colors for a whole house is overwhelming!

The paint we were using was para paint.  I quite like it, it's fairly low VOC paint (which also means it's not too smelly!)  The only thing I don't like about it is that their website is incredibly difficult to find a color if you want to reference it (ie. for me to show all of you!)

Anyway... here's the after - the color we used is called Out of the Woods (kinda ironic when you think about the failed camping trip!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(I love lamp! :P)

Thanks for stopping by! Painting this one room has us wanting to do the rest of the house!


Tickled Pink at 504 Main          Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

8 comments :

  1. that is a FABULOUS color! not too dark, but still warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kind of looks like my room, only a little more grey! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color. I want to do our living room in a similar shade. Great improvement.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great color choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I LOVE the colour you chose. It looks so sophisticated and cool. Gorgeous!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love the old doors in your house. I soooo wish I had all white, off-white, cream, beige, etc... in this house. We have too much color and pattern everywhere - wallpaper, paint & flooring - thanks to the previous owners. Happy re-doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work you two.....like the making lemonade from lemons. I get the whole cream/beige/white thing. When we bought this house ever room in it was gray/beige which we lovingly referred to as Greige for the 2 years it took us to almost complete every room :) Now 6 years later, I'm starting to change them allover again. :) It's a vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you did a great job on painting the room but camping is really fun that I suggest you still try another shot on it. Maybe you'll be successful next time. I go camping with my kids at least every month and it is indeed a great bonding time. kershaw knives

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.