Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Cupcakes

I was asked to make Easter cupcakes by one of the girls at work.  Because I like baking for others I said "what do you want?!" :)  Her request was a simple one: chocolate cupcakes with buttercream.  Easy peasy!


Here's what she got:

100_2586

I found Easter sprinkles and fun cupcake liners at Bulk Barn! 

100_2578

AND I want to share one of my favorite tips with you: how to fill a piping bag easily by yourself.  Use a glass.  Turn the top of the bag over the glass and fill it with icing!  So easy!

100_2576

100_2577

Now for those of you who are keen observers, I be you're thinking "but Jill, the icing in that picture is pink, and your cupcakes are clearly blue"  Yes. This is true.  I first thought that pink icing would be nice for the cupcakes with the yellow liners but then changed my mind because I had just made pink cake balls at valentines!

I thought that adding blue to it would create a lovely purple color for the cupcakes! 

FAIL!!
100_2580

It was cement grey! Yum?  No, I didn't think so either.

So instead of working on the purple formula I went the blue route
100_2581

Much better!

100_2582

I hope everyone had a great weekend!


5 comments :

  1. Yummy! I wish you could send one here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo you're getting recruited now! One step closer to "Sweet."....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great tip with the glass for filling the piping bag.

    Isn't it funny how a grey room looks gorgeous...but definitely not on cupcakes!!! I love the blue route too!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jill, I could go for a sweet cupcake right now! he he. Don't you just love the glass mixing bowl from Pampered Chef?!?!? I use mine all the time and have often thought about getting another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those years of filling piping bags for the kids and grandkids to make graham cracker houses and I never thought once about putting the bag in a glass...awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.