Monday 14 February 2011

Cake Balls!

I've been very interested in cake balls for a while and decided to give it a try and make some for work.  

100_2300

Searching around on the internet I found that they're super simple to make.

First, bake a cake.  I made a regular white cake from a box.
Let it cool a bit.

100_2281

Next you're supposed to transfer it into a bowl to smash up.  I ran a butter knife through mine first, which really helped break it into pieces first.  Use a BIG bowl.  

100_2284

Then, continue smashing it to pieces!

100_2287

Add about 1 can of icing.  Mix well and chill.  I left mine overnight.

100_2288

Then shape into balls.  


100_2296

Melt your candy melts or chocolate.


100_2298


 Carefully dip your balls in and cover completely.  Place on waxed paper to dry.


100_2299

I considered putting a cinnamon heart on each one, but because of the pink, I didn't because they looked like little boobs.  Yup.  Definitely not bringing that to work!!

I ran out of candy melts and did a few with chocolate.  


You could decorate them, but I got lazy. 

In they end they turned out pretty well, but I probably wouldn't make them again.  

7 comments :

  1. Those are cute :) But that is pretty much what I figured you would say about them, tasty but a bit more labour intensive than they are worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to try them with chocolate cake...mmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I literally just got finished making these like 5 minutes ago. They are soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm that seems pretty easy. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be good for me.... my cakes always come out dry. The Hubby makes all the cake in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pink here! They are difficult for me- I always over melt the chocolate. I need more practice at them. But people seem to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought of making cake balls but I might have to try them someday! They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.