Friday 22 April 2011

Happy Earth Day & Blogiversary!!

One year ago today I was finished university, unemployed and needed something to do.  Blogging soon became that thing to do.  It was a great way to keep my sanity while searching for a job (what turned out to be a LONG - 7.5 month - process) and to keep from getting bored! 

I'm so grateful for all the friends I've made, all the things I've learned, and all of my wonderful readers! I look forward to so much more in the next year too!

I'd like to tell you that I have something wonderful and fun planned for today, but in truth, I've been super busy in my "real" life and here's why:

100_2596
(what's that you say? Not everyone hugs their car? I don't believe you!)

I finally bought myself a new car! A brand new on at that.  For 25 years I've been relying on others to get around - my mom, my boyfriend and the bus.  But now I have my own wheels and am very excited about what that means for my freedom (and crafting!)

Lastly, because it is Earth Day, I want to share a few ideas with you:

Instead of replacing countertop, give it a facelift with some paint!

Full tutorial here at Kara's Korner!  I'm trying to convince my sister we should do this in her kitchen!



Check out a bunch of ideas over at One Pretty Thing!


One of my favorite green crafting sites Crafting A Green World is having a giveaway!

And stop by The T-Shirt Diaries for her latest instalment of Upcylced Awesome!


Thanks for a great year everyone - I"m looking forward to many more!!

4 comments :

  1. I hug my car too! I have pictures on Facebook of me hugging my steering wheel when I first got my Altima :) Way to go Nissan buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! It's almost hard to believe it's been a year, huh? I started mine around the same time, I should probably go look when one of these days. :)

    Your car is beautiful! I love the color. I think I probably hugged mine when I got it too, and I distinctly remember hugging my new dresser IN THE STORE when we went to buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 1 year! Thanks for visitng me. I'm following now =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for one year, and thanks for the link up with the countertops :-). Time flies with this blogging stuff, huh?!

    Your cupcakes look absolutely delicious too. Me + baking = huge fail...I'm always so impressed when anyone else bakes things that don't turn out flat and look so good!!

    Hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.