Wednesday 1 December 2010

Big News!

I'm not sure how many of you follow me close enough to know that I've had lots and lots of free time for crafting (although maybe it doesn't quite show on my blog!)  because I've been an "unemployed bum" since April.  


In April I finished my Electrical Engineering degree and have been searching for a job.  In the mean time I've been teaching fitness classes and crafting/blogging to keep my sanity.  



Well... now I HAVE A JOB!!  I'm super excited because it's very much what I've been waiting around for.  I wasn't interested in moving away (the next province over has a few more opportunities than here) and some of the other opportunities around here consist of living at different sites (whether it be mining or power generation) and moving from one horse town to one horse town, with maybe a 2 horse town thrown in the mix.  

Monday morning I was offered an engineering position with a small local company.



I'm going to try my hardest to keep blogging at about the same frequency as I have been, but it's going to be a rough couple of weeks at the beginning, because I start December 13 and it's Christmas time AND I'm teaching a couple extra fitness classes on top of it!  



7 comments :

  1. Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for without needing to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those comics! Congrats hun bun! I think your new job is a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...let me get this right. You're an electrical engineer...AND you do run fitness class...AND you run a craft blog.

    Look, everyone...I found Superwoman!!!

    What an amazing array of talents you have. I'm in awe...

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - congrats on getting a job. That's encouraging news for this economy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Being out of work stinks :( And it's just in time for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jill!! What a fabulous Christmas present. You'll have a routine down before you know it and then you can keep sharing all your crafty talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when we make gingerbread houses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.