Thursday 26 August 2010

GLUE!!!

So this post started because of one of the comments my sister wrote on my post where I used Diamond Glaze to embellish a card.  

"Ps I totally want some of that glue...or any glue for that matter. Can you believe I don't own glue?"

No.  I can't believe you don't own any glue.  I used 3 different types of glue on just one project the other day (remember that pencil case, I'm almost done with it!)  


Here's just a small collection of the different glues I own. I forgot my glue gun, and this doesn't include scrapbooking adhesives like glue tape, glue dots, and those double sided photo mounting squares!!

I love all of these!!  

Diamond Glaze:  I've used it for mostly scrapbooking, and anywhere I want to add dimension.  I don't really like it that much for gluing things together.

Elmer's All Purpose Glue: Love it!  It's so reminiscent of school and it works so well on everything. Don't try to use it as Mod Podge...it doesn't really work.  lol  Additionally, it's a great cheap alternative for a crackle medium.  It's what I used on the Zen Garden tray.

Mod Podge:  So awesome for everything.  My favorite thing for it right now is using it on fabric!  

Glue stick:  Not my favorite of glues, but sometimes it's the best for the job.  This one is not a brand name, and it doesn't work quite as well as the brand names.  Secret fact, it works pretty well for gluing fabric to things.  Who would have thought?!

Gorilla Glue: Honesly, I haven't really had much change to use this one.  I bought it because everyone in blogland seems to love it.  


So what are your favorite glues and ways to use them??

P.s.  My sister is getting glue for Christmas.  Just glue.  Lots of it.

4 comments :

  1. You do know they make Modge Podge specifically for fabric now, right?! I just found out about it a couple weeks ago & need to get some!

    http://www.plaidonline.com/productDetail.asp?itemID=CS11218

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! My favorite is Mod Podge, but I'm a little biased. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a part of our first ever Sassy Friday Party! It is so fun to see everyone's amazing blogs! Sorry, I just found out that my button wasn't working right. So, I've created a new button and you can come over and grab that one instead! :) Have a wonderful weekend and.... DON'T FORGET to sign up for the giveaway if you haven't signed up yet! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought glue today! And I realized I lied. I do own a glue gun! Ha! Will post my craft tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.