Friday 2 July 2010

Canada Day Cupcakes!


Yesterday was Canada Day, and it was great!  Got together with some friends for a BBQ and watch the Rider's first football game of the season which proved to be... entertaining.  lol

I decided to bring cupcakes, and of course I had to bake them the day before when my house was a million degrees.  Anyway, they turned out pretty great.

These are the cupcakes by themselves.  I found them a touch dry, I'd probably do something different next time, but I got the recipe from here.  I liked that they weren't too sweet!

As for frosting, I decided to go with something light.  I had a recipe for an unbaked cheesecake that I thought would make a great frosting (and it did!)

I made a half batch: 4oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 pkg. dream whip (prepared)

It was super!

Remember those little flags I made here?  Well they went on the cupcakes of course!






It was a good thing that the cupcakes were quite light because we had the most disgusting/most delicious thing for supper... ultimate cheese burgers.  It was a burger sandwiched between 2 grill cheese sandwiches!!!  Yup.



 And lastly, a pic of my friend's adorable 16 week old chocolate lab, Gracie, because she's just that cute!!










  Punkin Seed Productions     Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg    

2 comments :

  1. Your cupcakes are sooo cute and really look and sound delish Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look so yummy! Glad you had a great Canada Day, we did too. I'm visiting with a few of my favorite things, hope you visit me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.