Monday 28 June 2010

Kids Craft Kits!

A while ago was my 10 year old cousin's birthday.  They were going to Petland, where one of the employees brings out a bunch of the animals for the kids to play with.  Sounds like a lot of fun, right?  I really wanted to go! lol  Because it might be weird for the 24 year old cousin to show up, I was going to bring a gift, that would be less weird, right?


My cousin is super crafty (like her favorite big cousin :P)  and I decided to make her a bath bomb kit.  It would have everything she needed to make bath bombs and instructions. 


Well, I never did get to her birthday party, but had started making her kit.  I figured I'd give it to her eventually.  The problem with that is she has an older brother.  So I figured I'd have to bring him something too.  I decided to make him 2 smaller kits, one to make silly putty, and one to make an air cannon (sooo cool...and annoying, perfect for a 13 year old!!)


Without further ado, here they are!



  





The bath bomb kit contains baking soda, salt, cornstarch, citric acid all in pre-measured bags with little labels



It also has a bottle of sweet orange essential oil, food coloring, a mould, glitter.  

Here's all the instruction booklets for all the kits:



And just for fun I made my own silly putty!




If you're interested in making these kits, click here for the pdf file of the instructions for all the kits.   (email me if you have any trouble with the document, apparently you can't add files to blogger sites)

Consult the instructions for what exactly you'll need and then how you package everything is up to you!!

  **Please respect the time and effort I put into making up these kits and only use them for personal use**

5 comments :

  1. this is so cute. as a teacher i love finding little recipes for stuff like this and making it with and for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! What fun things to do with my kids, I can't wait!!! Thansk for all the great ideas!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! My daughter is 6 and loves crafts as much as her mommy! I think I will add the silly putty to our list and make some to send to her cousins! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment! I always love when people to b/c it takes me to their blogs, and you have so many fun ideas! I love this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool idea! Than u for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.