Friday 4 June 2010

Fondant take 2

Here's what I did with the rest of my fondant (it made so much, I still threw a bunch away)




I made mini carrot cakes and decorated them. I made them mini so that I could give them away, they're delicious, but there's soooo much oil in them!! I've been using this recipe from allrecipes for a while now. It's pretty good, but go easy on the oil. Even this cake I made was a little too greasy.





I made the little carrots by using a heart shaped cookie cutter and then cut it down the middle! It works great!



Here's a terrible picture of all 5 of them! I plan to keep the 2 with the orange ribbons on the bottom, and the rest will be given away! :)





2 comments :

  1. Great Job!!! You're totally a natural! You just need a teensy fondant lesson and you'll be surpassing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried making the recipe substituting at least part of the oil with applesauce? I've done that and had really good success. Yours look wonderful, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.