Wednesday 12 May 2010

Cookies!

Alright, here it is, my best recipe ever. These gingersnaps are the best thing I make, and now I'm sharing it with you!

If you have an oven anything like mine, you'll want to pre-heat it now. Mine takes FOREVER!!! So, set it to 350 F.


Gather your ingredients:

Wet mixture

1c margarine
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c corn syrup
1/2 c molasses
2 eggs



Dry mixture

4 c flour
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder



Soften the margarine (if you plan ahead, leave it out and let it come to room temperature, or if you're me, you'll pop it in the microwave for a bit. If you over do it and melt it all, it'll be okay. I usually end up doing it. lol

Stir in your sugar.

Add eggs, syrup, and molasses. Mix well.

Your mixture will look something like this:




Here's my big secret.... I don't mix the dry ingredients separately! Shhhhhh! Don't tell my grandma!

I throw the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder on top of the wet ingredients. I mix them up with a tablespoon, lightly on the top just to blend the dry ingredients.



Once they're pretty much mixed, I stir them into the wet ingredients below. :)



Roll them into balls...a little smaller than a ping pong ball? Roll each ball in sugar and place on cookie sheet.



Bake for 12 minutes (at 350). When you take them out of the oven they'll be a little "puffy", then they'll "fall" as they cool. This is normal. :)

Let cool for a bit before taking them off the cookie sheet and let them cool fully on a cooling rack.

This recipe makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies that are slightly crispy around the edges and soft and delicious on the inside!


If I forgot anything, or you have questions, just ask!!




Get your craft on Thurs. giveaways Beyond The Picket Fence ”Visit

12 comments :

  1. My MIL loves ginger snap cookies. Wouldn't she be just thrilled to get these for her birthday. I am bookmarking this to make for her birthday (and giving you full credit.) My goal this year is to make everything homemade so this fits in perfectly! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gingersnaps and these look yummy! I will give them a try for sure!

    BTW I linked here from Fireflies & Jellybeans

    Thanks for showing off your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try these out!! I love that sweet, spicy flavor of gingersnaps. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love a good gingersnap recipe thanks. I am going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. I love ginger snaps.

    We make a vegan version often and they always disappear so fast.

    Thanks for the nice comment on my Whiteboard Makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy! I'm sure they wouldn't last long in my house. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try these. LOVE ginger snaps and homemade just has to be better.
    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! These are perfect for the seasons coming up! I'll be adding these to my Christmas baking. Thanks so much for linking up to Foodie Friday @ The Speckled Dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gingersnaps--thanks for sharing your recipe! I've bookmarked it for my holiday baking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound amazing...can't wait to give your recipe a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made these today, and they are AMAZING! They turned out perfectly. I'm taking them to a cookie exchange tomorrow, and I hope I have some left by then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.