Friday 14 May 2010

Mini Shelf Decorations!!!I

I'm in the process of decorating my room, and I had this little picture frame and shelf set that I didn't know what to do with the shelves. I made mini decor!!!

I started out with this white butcher twine, and didn't like the color.



So I dyed it with a coffee and tea mixture. I love how it turned out because the color wasn't even but BEAUTIFUL!!

I used a hot glue gun to glue it to a Caltrate bottle to make a mini vase. I threw some green stuff in there from my craft stash, and I love love love it!



I also made some mini decorative balls by gluing twine to tiny styrofoam balls! They're in my hand so that you get an idea of the size!



Here's the total effect. I might still try to find something for the balls to go in, right now they're on a small candle holder.



And for size and effect, a shot of them with the centre picture frame. The picture of my sister and me is an 8x10.



Thanks for looking, I had fun!

Linking up:

Categorically_Crafting.jpg Punkin Seed Productions Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg Photobucket Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! The DIY Show Off

8 comments :

  1. Very cute, Jill, also imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini items are adorable. Clever thinking of dying your string.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mini twine balls. SO dainty and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great! I love the tiny little balls. And that you dyed the twine. It came out adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable idea...thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of the dyed twine! I have been thinking about making some twine balls like that for my living room, I just haven't found the right size balls yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the twine! Thanks so much for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Come back again and plant on Friday!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.