Wednesday 30 October 2013

Black Bean Burgers & Sweet Potato Biscuits

Quite some time ago I discovered a delicious black bean burger recipe.  I LOOOOVE this recipe.  But when I stopped eating wheat (generally) and started following a (mostly) paleo-type diet I stopped eating things like this because it's less fun without the bun.  This was from a while ago, and I don't remember if I subbed for the bread crumbs or not, but I hope to soon publish a wheat-free alternative for the burgers.

 photo f52d48f9-31bf-4f9d-9fd6-2dd178d5a3ea_zps65a02d02.jpg

These burgers were made exactly as per the recipe found here.  The biscuits come from Paleomg.com (a favorite of mine!) and I made them plain, without the jalapenos or shrimp (because I didn't have any!)

Because the burger can be
a) weird to eat on it's own
or
b) dry if over-cooked

I like to top it with cheese and avocado.

Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. These look great! I'm always on the hunt for "healthyish" recipes! Thanks so much for stopping by chapter37 and for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.