Wednesday 3 August 2011

Cake Balls - Again...for the last time

Some of you might remember when I made valentines cake balls...

100_2300

That post ended with "In they end they turned out pretty well, but I probably wouldn't make them again."




Well, apparently I didn't learn my lesson.



We thought it would be funny to make blue cake balls for work if one of the guy's who's wife was expecting had a boy.  Yup.  Blue balls....  

Photobucket

This is seriously the last time I'm ever making cake balls!!! They're just too much work, and I find them too sweet! I'd rather just do cupcakes!  I did think up a delicious idea in the process:  Cupcakes, dipped in candy melts (just the tops) and then iced!  YUMMY!


3 comments :

  1. Yeah I agree. I mean I think cake balls look cute on sticks but other than that, meh. I don't even like cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they really are a ton of work IMO too. I fell in love with them when I saw them online but rarely make them. So much work and I tend to overmelt the chocolate and it doesnt go on evenly. lol I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill! Thanks for visiting & your kind words on Fruit & cream. Your cake balls looks fantastic. I've posted my version of cake balls, have a look here :)

    Mango Cake Balls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.