Friday 1 July 2011

Craisin Cookies....

Does anyone else like to think of craisins as CRAZY RAISINS? No? Oh... yeah, me neither.

Anyway, I have a small obsession with these things.  I buy the 1.36kg bag from Costco (they're more economical that way!)  This time the recipe on the back caught my eye.  Some of "my" best recipes have come off of the back of a package, so I gave it a go!

Photobucket

2/3 cup butter or margarine (softened)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Ocean Spray Craisins (it calls for 1 170g pkg...it works out to about a cup)
2/3 cup white or semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional - I opted out because I didn't have any on hand, but I think white chocolate would be delish!!!)

Preheat oven to 375F. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs; mix well.  Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.  Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.  Stir in craisins and chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded tablespoons into ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.  Makes 2 dozen large cookies.

Photobucket

Jill's notes: I rarely mix my dry ingredients separately, these cookies were no exception, so that means that the "mix in several additions" didn't happen either.  They turned out just fine!  I also added 2 minutes to the baking time.  


Linking to these fabulous parties:
Tickled Pink at 504 MainChic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments :

  1. Looking forward to eating these tomorrow!!!! I would def add in white chocolate chips-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! I never follow the "fancy" instructions either. Although sometimes they help...one time I was supposed to add the flour mixture and milk in small bits and alternate them. I threw them all in the mixer together and ended up with milk and flour EVERYWHERE hahaha!! It was good times

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.