Monday 6 December 2010

Christmas Cards!!!

The other day I took some time to drag out all my scrapbooking supplies to create some Christmas cards!  



I turned on a random Christmas movie on tv while making them.  It was the oddest combination of actors, but all in all not a bad movie.  Has anyone else seen Holidays in Handcuffs?? It stars Mario Lopez, Melissa Joan Hart, and Gabrielle Miller.  If you're not familiar with Gabrielle Miller, she was one of the actors on Corner Gas (more), a Canadian show set in the prairies, basically about nothing.  It was a big hit and ran for 6 seasons.  Anyway... it was a cute movie!

Melissa Joan Hart's character kidnaps Mario Lopez and brings hims to her family's Christmas gathering pretending he's her boyfriend.  It's funny, and sweet.








Anyway, here are the cards I came up with:

On this one I used n image from the Graphics Fairy, some chipboard to stamp "joy" onto" and some ribbon and pearl embellishments.  I inked all around the edge to add a little dimension too.



This one is comprised of card stock strips inked with a red-ish brown with a strip of ribbon and fiber on the bottom.  I glittered a chipboard tree in gold and stuck it on with glue dots.  I love glue dots!!


This card has a lot going on.  I used my old violin sheet music on the back, snowflake and holly stamps, and the tree is covered in diamond glaze.  The word peace is attached with pop foam.

This card has a slide stamped with Staz-On ink and the edge is dipped in embossing powder in a melting pot.  This was a make and take that we did at scrapbooking camp 2 years ago!  


This one has another slide and I added a rub on "wish" to it.  



I "ruffled" the ribbon using mini glue dots and stamped the word joy and then traced over it with white glue and then put loose glitter on it!



This is one of my favorites.  I had the smowman from when I borrowed my aunt's Cricut and the stamp letters with my newest set of stamps.



This one again has a snow globe that I made with the Cricut, same stamp letters, and mini snowflake punch.



Again, another image from the graphics fairy, card stock and ribbon!



Unfortunately it doesn't show up that well in the picture, but the sticker letters are really pretty and glittery!


I used eyelets on this one and put diamond glaze on the HO HO HO! stamp.



I think this is my favorite!  I used my new gingerbread man stamp and a little ribbon bow.  Pretty simple, but CUTE!!


Linking up:

Blog Button  Its So Very Cheri    The Girl Creative    Keeping It SimpleMaking The Graphics Fairy

7 comments :

  1. Really good....man I got some competition in the card department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your Christmas cards and the snowman ones are my favorite. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message. Happy crafting to you and merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially love the one with the sheet music.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, at first glance I though that was your Christmas card.... you with your boyfriend in hand cuffs! ha ha I like all your creative cards. I think the snowman in the snowglobe would be fun to send to my nieces but my favorite is the HO HO HO. So simple but gets pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping!

    newest follower on GFC,
    Check us out at http://closertolucy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.