Monday 1 November 2010

Scrap N Camp!

Now that I've recovered from Scrap N Camp AND halloween weekends it's time for me to  post all the pages I made at camp!

First, I want to show off what I got inside my goodie bag!!


Look at all that good stuff!!!  We got 2 magazines (Canadian Scrapbooker and Scrapbook cards today) some cardstock (which I actually used for one of my pages...but we'll get to that!) buttons, and ribbon, and rub ons, oh my!  AND a big cardboard letter!!  I can't wait to do something with that soon!!!


And here's a shot of my scrapin' area.  I have been for 4 years now, and I've figured out what works best  so that I can have all my stuff around me and not take up too much space! 



Every year the camp has a theme.  This year it was the 80s!!!  AND there's a little contest called "Queen of the Crop"  If you complete all 10 layout challenges, you're entered to win some awesome prizes (there's one queen, and 2 princesses!)  This year I did all 10 challenges.  There were only 8 people in total that finished, and I still didn't win!! lol

For these challenges, there were 2 themes.  One was music, and the other was movies (both from the 80s).  You had to pick one and stick with it throughout, and you had one opportunity to swap over.  

I chose music!!  

Challenge 1 - Whip It  1980
Create a layout about baking or using the word whip.


Here's my completed page.  Favorite thing about this page?  The cupcake stamp on pop foam!



Challenge 2 - Heading out on the Highway  1981
Create a layout about a road trip or heading out!



These pics are from a road trip my mom and I took in the summer of 2009.  I love oversized roadside attractions and my province is full of them!!



Challenge 3 - Through the Years  1982
Include the words "through the years" on your layout.



LOVE the flowers.  This is the first time I've really used flowers in a layout and I'm super happy with it. Not to mention I'm loving the colors.  They were all inspired by the scrap of ribbon on the FRIENDS tag, which was in my goodie bag!


Challenge 4 - White Wedding  1983
Create a page that's predominantly white.


This is one of my favorite pages!  That candelabra is one of my new stamps: 50 cents!!


Challenge 5 - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun  1984
I had a lot of trouble on this one, so I swapped it for the movie challenge - Sixteen Candles: create a layout about a birthday





Challenge 6 - All I Need
Create a layout that includes a list.



The page on the left is the one that counts for this challenge.  The right hand side is for another one later!


Challenge 7 - I Wanna be a Cowboy 1986
Create a layout where you (or the subject of the layout) wants to be "something"


These are some rock band pics from Canada day!




Challenge 8 - Big Time 1987
Create a layout with a BIG element



This was my first 5K run!


Challenge 9 - Don't Worry, Be Happy
Use the words Don't Worry, Be Happy on your layout!


Here's where the right hand side counts for a challenge!!  I love this picture of my friend Amy.  :)  



Challenge 10 - The Look  1989


These are a couple of guys I went to school with! :)


So there's all the challenge pages, and then I also created some others in between when waiting for inspiration to hit!  :)


This is another favorite page of mine!  



I still need to add to these pages, I'm not happy with them yet!



This one's a little blurry - sorry!!



Pictures from new years!!!



Pictures of me after I graduated! 



Well, that's everything! I still have a lot to get done because I'd been saving everything up for camp.  It'll be a while until I can though because I have my craft sale to think about first!!



Linking up:

Keeping It Simple

Making





Check out this printable on Craftily Ever After!!

I love it so much it's my new desktop picture!

3 comments :

  1. Wow! Looks like a lot of fun! I love the theme and 80's music :D

    My favorite is white wedding! That's the song that convinced my kids that 80's music isn't so bad! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you got a lot done! Great job! Thanks for linking up to A Crafty Creative Christmas Link up!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! Scrapbooking is so fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.