Thursday 18 November 2010

Rolo Cupcakes!

So far this football season it's kinda been my thing to bring cupcakes.  It's perfect because I get to experiment with fun kinds of cupcakes, and then other people eat them so I don't get fat.  Perfect.

This weekend was a playoff game and WE WON!!! YAY!!!  I'm convinced it was my ROLO CUPCAKES ;)




This time I cheated and used a Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix.  It turned out really well, largely in part because I used some tips from the Make-A-Cake Series at Make it and Love it!  First, I let the eggs come up to room temperature, I added a little more oil than it called for, I used milk instead of water, and I hand mixed it with a whisk instead of beating it to death with an electric whisk.

Then I folded in a whole bag of mini rolos, minus 12 I saved for the tops.

I made this icing from Wilton to go with them, it's a Caramel Buttercream.  Frankly I wasn't a fan of it.  After I made it, I tasted it, decided it needed work and added more ice cream topping, which made it far too runny, so I added more icing sugar, but not enough because it still melted off my cupcakes.  Oh well.

I topped them with one mini rolo.  They were a hit, and I have extreme plans for next week's game!  Stay tuned!


Catch As Catch Can  Punkin Seed Productions  Chic on a Shoestring Decorating 

4 comments :

  1. These sound really good! I bet the melted rolos inside were gooey & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill, enjoying your blog. Which craft sale will you be at this weekend? I am heading to two and hope to see you at one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for a cupcake recipe for my grandson's birthday and I think I'll try this one...sounds yummy! I'm your newest follower...come check out my site when you have a chance. :-)
    Shantel @
    www.itsapricelesslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! yay for the win!
    thanks for linking up and linking back.
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.