Thursday 9 September 2010

CUPCAKES!!

I see all those cute cupcakes everyone else makes around blogland and got jealous.  One day I decided to end all of that.

It was a toss up between chocolate peanut butter cup and key lime.  Peanut butter cup won out because then I didn't need to walk to the grocery store, I had pretty much everything I needed at home!

I found this recipe at Hoosier Homemade and it's definitely a keeper!!  



I pretty much followed this recipe here, but didn't have reese cups on hand.  So what I did instead was make a little bit of peanut butter "dough" and threw in pinches of that, and a handful of chocolate chips.  The dough I created was just some sugar, flour and peanut butter, but had I had this on hand, the dough would have been graham crumbs, icing sugar, and peanut butter, this is much more like the inside of a reese cup!

I found that after the 15 minutes of recommended baking time, my cupcakes weren't done.  So I put them in for another 4 minutes, I think, still not done, and then another 3? and then maybe another 1 or 2. Whatever it was, it was just a bit too long.  They're not as moist as I would have liked, and looking at the recipe, I attribute it to over baking.

For the frosting, I only had half the icing sugar, so I halved everything.  It was too dough-y, so I added some more butter.  Mmmmm.  lol  

Then, I used a freezer bag to pipe the frosting on the cupcakes (once they'd cooled!)

They're delicious!!


Don't forget to comment HERE to be entered in to win this month's What the Heck Wednesday prize!!!


Linking up to these fabulous friday parties! For more parties, check the link at the top!



Punkin Seed Productions     Chic on a Shoestring Decorating     

5 comments :

  1. looks soooo yummy...my family would love!

    found you from Hop and am following... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! You cant go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter! Thanks for swinging by today. Nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those LOOK delicious!

    THANKS for the comment, am a new follower!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.