Tuesday 31 August 2010

What the Heck Wednesday! #11

It's a new month, and that means a new prize!!!

This month's prize comes to us from Leslie from her blog Try To Keep Up.  

Leslie is a dance teacher (among other things) who's always going a million miles a minute.  When she gets the time she blogs about life, cooking, and scrapbooking.  Leslie is also my big sister *awwwww* 

I've convinced her to donate a set of handmade cards for September's giveaway in exchange for sharing her blog with all of you.  She has great instructions on making cards, delicious recipes, and I love love love her photography.  So jealous that her fiance doesn't protest immensely whenever she tries to take his picture!



Leslie is creating a set of cards for this month's lucky winner!


On to this week's item.




SHELLS

I have this huge box of shells that I got from my aunt years ago when I was 14? and wanted to do my room in an ocean theme.  The ocean thing did happen, but I didn't manage to use all the shells.  




Let me know what you'd do with shells, and feel free to link up any projects that you've done with them!



To enter to win September's prize from Leslie:

1) Leave a comment letting me know what you'd do with the shells (1 entry per comment, multiple comments welcome) Feel free to leave links to your own projects! I love seeing what you've made!

2) Become a follower, and leave a comment (or if you're already a follower, leave a comment to remind me)

3) Leave some comment love on Leslie's blog (and come back here to let me know in a comment)

Can't wait to hear all of your ideas!


P.s.  Don't forget to enter Stashbusting September over at the T-Shirt Diaries!! Click the button in my sidebar!


giveaways  


Get your craft on Thurs.

2 comments :

  1. I would make a twig wreath and add the shells to it for extra umph!! I'm kinda obsessed with my wreath-so happy about it.

    Ps thanks for the plug. I will be starting on the cards this weekend and will send you pics ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, Thanks for visiting with me. Oooh, don't get me started on the shells, I love shells. I have a whole stash of them too and have only used some of them in different projects. The little ones always look nice glued on a flat picture frame. You can fill in the bare spots with the tiny shells. For the larger ones, I've glued rhinestones, old jewelry, and beads along the outer top edge. They look really pretty and can be used to hold jewelry or just about anything small. You can even glue some small shells onto the bottom of the large shells so that you have feet. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete