Tuesday 31 August 2010

Show Off Time!!

I finally made something of that pencil case from WTHW a few weeks ago!!!

Here's the before:





Here's the after:


It's a receipt keeper.  Since I'm no longer a student, I had to change my bank account and visa from student stuff to regular stuff.  I decided to get the bank account with a lower monthly fee, and less transactions.  To make up for having less transactions, I'm now putting almost everything on my visa instead of debit.  


Doing things this way means that I need to keep better track of my spending.  So I made this.  I sprayed the inside with chalkboard paint so that I can write on the right hand side.  And then the left hand side is for the receipts, which are held on by magnets! (I got this idea from one of the WTHW comments that said I should make a magnetic game out of the pencil case!)


The outside is fabric that's Mod Podged.  Then I cut letters with the Cricut that I'm borrowing right now, and Mod Podged them on too!

Let me know what you think!!


Entering this week's CSI challenge (mod podge!) as well as joining my favorite Tuesday link parties!





7 comments :

  1. what a good idea. I can't keep track of my receipts to save my life.

    (I gave you an award... check it out...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new receipt box is fantastic. i love the fabric you used. it's like a little jewel now! great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - really great idea - I collect metal boxes and this is a good use for one, I need to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I just cram my receipts in my purse. I"m trying to be better since I'm having to save them for taxes, but I think I need something like this.

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.