Sunday 15 August 2010

Project Satisfaction

There's nothing quite like the satisfaction that comes with finishing a project, and I'm feeling it right now!

I just finished my first crochet project in a while.  It was also my first project where I followed a pattern.  Whoo!

I made the Van Ness Scarf that I found on Ravelry.  If you'd never been on Ravelry before, I'd suggest checking it out.  It's an online knit and crochet community.  There's a ton of (free) patterns available too!


It's really a chocolate brown color. Not quite as dark as it looks here.

Additionally, I'd forgotten that I had used some of this yarn for another project, so I ran out!  I got rid of 5 rows, and then didn't quite have enough to finish by about 9 stitches.  Oh well, no one will really notice (unless I say something) and it's only for me!


Additionally, this weekend I was given a big bag of yarn from my boyfriend's friend because she decided she didn't want it anymore! Score! I love that people around me know I'm crafty and think of me when they're getting rid of stuff! :)  I spent a lot of the afternoon on Ravelry trying to decide what to make with it!

7 comments :

  1. This is so pretty Jill.
    I would like one in pink please (joke)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is really nice! I just started learning to crochet, I havent made anything yet. I keep pulling out stiches and starting over again and again. LOL Thanks for the link it really is a good link. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check out that site, I'm always looking for new crochet patterns! Your scarf turned out great. I always hate it when I come up just short on yarn, especially when I'm not making it for myself & have to tear out a bunch to make it look decent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf really looks lovely! I'm a knitter, myself, and a Ravelry knitwear designer. My Rav ID is Zibelineknits.

    www.zibelineknits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this looks so warm and cozy!! I am happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I would also like to invite you to link up at my weekly party every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so multi-talented. :) Start a shop and sell these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful! I love the pattern. Thanks for linking up to our YARN IT ALL Party! :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.