Sunday 9 May 2010

Dry Erase Frame

This weekend I decided to turn this ugly frame:




(close up to get the full tackiness!)

Into this:



I repainted the frame with a dark brown acrylic paint, and dry brushed a hint of gold onto it. I put just a plain piece of orange scrapbooking pater behind the glass.

I would have liked something with a bit of a pattern, but everything I had was too busy and it would have been hard to read once you wrote on the glass.

Then I made this little flower embellishment to add onto the corner



I made it using my childhood Fantastic Flowers "machine". That's right, I still have my flower die-cutter from when I was 9-ish?




Here are the 4 different flower plates:




And you just use the little green handle on the side to roll the purple plate through and it perforates your paper!



Here's what you get!





I was that kid that had every piece to every puzzle, all the little Barbie accessories, all that stuff that other kids usually lost. I still have the instructions that came with the darn thing!










I hope you liked this little project and enjoyed the nostalgia of old crafty toys. Maybe in a future post I'll pull out some of my old Jazzy Jewelry stuff. Yup, I still have that too!!

Linking up to:


12 comments :

  1. What a great idea! And I love your flower die cutter!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful transformation! I love the little flower and your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! I wish I had my own flower making kit! sigh...
    I found you on TGC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have an ugly frame! I'm going to make one of these! I am fully jealous of your little flower maker, they look really cute. I'm pretty made at myself, I used to have a flower stencil for that cutter thing but of course I got rid of it because that's what I do. Holding on to things sometimes pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed that you still have a toy from when you were 9 years old!! All mine are long-gone!!

    Your board looks great, and the flower embellishment in the corner is a nice touch :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flower embellishment...and I wondered how you made it. How cool is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower on your board is so cute, what a great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great makeover! Coming over from BNOTP and a new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never, ever have thought to make the glass the dry erase part. That is so clever! And my mind is whirling with the possibilities. Thanks for a wonderful tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a CUTE idea...luv that darling FLOWER! Hopeyou have a FUN day:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello sweet Jill - I'm a new follower of your fabulous blog via Met Monday (catching up from last week!). Love your new dry erase board! And that flower you made is so darling! Great job.

    Thank you for sharing. I'd love for you to come by and visit - having a giveaway!
    http://emmacallsmemama.com/2010/05/bff-giveaway/

    Blessings,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.