Tuesday 9 November 2010

Winner Winner Winner!!!

Alright, so here's the close of another month of What the Heck Wednesday!!

Time to put all your names in a cyber-hat....

October 6: 27 comments!!!  1-27
October 13: 10 comments - 28-37
October 20: 5 comments - 38-42
November 3: 12 comments - 43-54

And consulting random.org....



This month our winner is Liz!  Congratulations!!!




Liz has a super sweet blog about her family - The Crowley's!   She blogs about life, various projects in the house, and her I-could-eat-you-you're-so-sweet little girl.  Awwwww!!!


Thanks to everyone who has left a comment!!


Now on to this week's WTHW and our new prize!!

I'm working on a super cool green prize, but because that hasn't happened yet, I decided that this month you would get something made by yours truly because it's been a while.

Because it's going to be the beginning of December when the recipient gets their prize I wanted to do something for the holidays.  Originally I thought about making some cards, but I realized by the time the winner gets them, it would be a little too late to send them out.  So I've decided to make a set of these:




I found a tutorial for making these gorgeous balsa wood ornaments on The Artistic Life and fell in love!!!  

So this month I'm giving away a custom made set of 8 ornaments made by moi!  


Onto this week's item:

While I"m thinking about it, I'm going to choose BALSA WOOD!

I have some left over from making my zen garden



What have you used balsa would for?  What would you like to try to make with it?


To enter to win this month's give away:


1) Leave a comment on this post letting me know what to do with balsa wood (one entry per comment, multiple comments welcome) Feel free to leave links to your own projects! I love seeing what you've made!

2) Become a follower, and leave a comment (or if you're already a follower, leave a comment to remind me) 1 ENTRY




Linking up:




DIY Club





 
   Show and Tell Green    

  

1 comment :

  1. Hi Jill! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I love those little ornaments! So sweet! What would I make with balsa? I'm not quite sure. I do know that my husband uses it on his model cars, to make wood trim, dashboards and the like. He amazes me when he does, balsa is sooo thin, and the work he does so intricate! I'm your newest follower!
    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.