Friday 8 October 2010

Craft Sale Goodness

I feel like I've been a little blog-neglectful lately!  I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm feeling it.  Last weekend was super busy, and if you're Canadian, it's Thanksgiving THIS weekend!  And of course, what happens when you have a very busy couple of days? You get sick.  That's right, so now I'm fighting off a cold too!

Oh well. I really can't complain.  For an unemployed person I'm really quite busy lately!  

In case you're wondering what's keeping me so busy, it's 2 major things. 

1) Fitness Classes.  For those of you who don't know, I'm a contract fitness instructor.  I teach an intermediate step class one night a week, and for the month of October, I've picked up a bunch of classes to sub (another instructor is away due to surgery).  


On top of that, I have practices for the training I just took last weekend.  The YWCA here is launching the BTS program Group Power on November 15 and there's a lot of work that needs to be done before that happens.  (side note:  the guys working out in the video you see is a clip from the training video that is part of the package instructors get.  They take turns instructing, and the guy that's on the left in the first part (squats) is sooooo attractive!!  Definitely makes learning some of it much easier...at least easier on the eyes!)


2) My craft sale that's coming up on Nov. 20.  I'll periodically be posting what I'm making here on my blog of all of you to see! 

The first things I've made are these cute little hair flowers.



So far I've made 5 different colors.


Red with gold beads



White with a cluster of seed beads



Blue with a cluster of seed beads



Teal with white beads, I also did some with the gold beads!



Burgundy with white beads


I have an idea of what I'd like to charge for these, but I'm curious as to what other people would.  The community that I'm selling my stuff at is a small-ish town, just outside a major centre, and it's a bit of a mennonite community (think cheap) and I've never been to their sale before, so I'm really not sure what the other venders will be selling and what the show's like.  


Linking to:

1 comment :

  1. I always impressed by those who have the discipline to work out regularly. I used to be that way then with each baby, my workout schedule became more scattered. Now with 4 kids its almost non existant. Lol I control my weight with a healthy diet n play with kids but I do miss going out for a run or the rush you get from a good workout. Any tips on useful exercises at home? Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.