Friday 17 January 2014

Food Friday #2

Welcome back for the second installment of Food Friday! Basically I show you what I've been eating all week and how you could make it too!

This week:
 photo FoodFridaycollage1_zpscd1c2458.jpg

1. Chia Meatballs with Carrot "Noodles"
These were the chia meat balls I made last week.  People have asked a lot about these meat balls and also the carrot noodles.  I really like the meat balls.  You don't really notice the chia seeds in them and they're tasty.  The carrot noodles were really improv-ed.  I didn't have anything to take for lunch, and I had the meatballs in the freezer, and the only other thing I had was carrots, so thus, carrot noodles.

I used my carrot peeler to make them into small thin strips, and then microwaved them for about a minute so that they weren't super crunch when I ate them with the meatballs.

2. Baked salmon with zucchini and leeks.
This recipe I've made before and it's great.  I can't wait to try doing it in foil on the BBQ in the summer!  All you do is throw everything in parchment paper and toss in the oven!  Original recipe is from Martha Stewart here.  I threw the leeks in because, hey, I had one leftover.  It was a poor choice, and I wouldn't do it again.

3.  Crock pot roast beef & Oven roasted veggies with balsamic vinegar glaze
The roast beef I just threw in the crock pot with some wine, water, onions, and a few spices.  I think I wrote it down, but it wasn't that remarkable, so I don't dig around for it.  In my travels, I did find a recipe for a pot roast where everything is basically what you'd put in a Caesar/Bloody Mary, so that I WILL be trying in the future.

 photo 72A6F4BD-1342-4BD2-B1ED-A39B5A53E88F_zpsnz6tjttg.jpg
My veggie combination was again "what's in the fridge?" Pictured is golden beets, carrots, and celery.  Beets take forever to cook, and I was in a bit of a hurry that night, so I threw my veggies into a pot and parboiled them first.

Then I threw them back in their cute little bowl and tossed some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper on them, put them on a cookie sheet and threw them in the oven at 400F for about 20 minutes.  They turned out fantastic, and I'll definitely be doing this again!
 photo 0A3D93C8-E48C-43BC-BAF7-290BE32AE1A5_zpslqjpsnrd.jpg

4. Mish-mash
I had some peppers in the fridge that were approaching their time, so I sautéed them with some onions and celery to make a veggie mix to throw into stuff like eggs.  I was also considering adding chicken and using this as a fajita base, but that never happened.

There you have it, one more week of What I Ate!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.