Thursday 10 October 2013

Throw-back Thursday - Fall Leaf Garland

A while back (2010?!) I did a post about how to make a dried leaf garland.  I came across it the other day an thought it was worth another look!
 
 
For the first step, look to this post for how to dry and mod-podge your leaves. Gather some strong thread or twine and a needle and you're ready to go.

I tried using thread first, and didn't like it.  It got twisted, and the leaves slid around too much.


Then I grabbed what was left of my hemp (I seriously think that I've had this since I was 12!!) and used it instead.  

This required me to use a yarn needle to poke holes first

 
I threaded the hemp through one side

 
And through the other side

 
And then do it again, and again, and again!!!



Ta-da! Now you have a festive decoration that will last for the season!

2 comments :

  1. Holy moly that is beautiful! I am inspired! I can't wait now for the leaves to start really falling. I would love one of these draped across my headboard! Did modge podging make the leaves last?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors of fall leaves and I enjoy looking for ways to decorate my home with them. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.