Sunday 21 August 2011

My New Home - The Scrapbook Studio

I'm so excited I might just burst!  A brand new scrapbooking store just opened in Saskatoon and the owner is a wonderful lady I met a year or two ago at my favorite annual crop.

Lori has made her dream a reality and it's really just getting started!

Let's take a look at her baby:


Photobucket

Lori has brought a ton of wonderful lines to Saskatoon.  I'm not sure if I love her or hate her because I wanted to buy EVERYTHING!!

Photobucket
The store is full of wonderful ideas - look at all those layouts on display! Did I mention she's hired an extremely talented team to help her out working at the store?!


Photobucket
How cute is this?!!

Photobucket
Details, details, details!  Each section is labelled with those cute little banners! Here: Fancy Pants Designs & Imaginisce

Photobucket
I LOVE these rub ons!  I wanted to buy them all!!  Right now there's a little bit of empty space around the store because Lori didn't want to stock old products - only the newest and the bestest! :)

Photobucket
OMG! WANT!

Photobucket
Wha?! Glitter brads? Why, yes, I do want some of those!!

Photobucket
I love how Lori has incorporated decorative storage into her shop.  This wall currently has a bunch of white products, perfect for wedding season!

Photobucket
Ummm, do you think she'd notice if I stole this adorable wire dress form?! You do? Oh. :(

Photobucket
And here she is - the superstar herself!  Lori & Me!

If you're in the Saskatoon area, definitely stop in!!  Check it out on Facebook, or their webpage!

And now more details on what I spent my money on!  
Photobucket
Lori had a whole section of Wizard of Oz stuff - perfect seeing as how I just saw WICKED!!  That yellow & grey patterned paper - I've been looking for something JUST like that for a while now to go with my grey & yellow obsession (for my office!)

The Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine was a bonus with my purchase! Whoot! AND that neat bag - buying one of those means that every time I come back to shop with it I get entered into a draw!  

Photobucket
See - I really do love the dress form stuff - I had to buy the rub ons!  The glitter brads too!!  Glue dots are a staple in my world - if you haven't tried them, you must!  GEEK IS CHIC - I don't think I really need to explain this one!  

And I finally bought myself a pad of Staz On ink.  If you haven't heard of this stuff before you're missing out.  Staz On work on things that normal ink would rub off of - like plastics, glass, metal, etc.  I have a project in mind already that I'll hopefully be able to show you soon!

In addition to the above pictured goodies I bought a membership at the store.  They have 2 levels of membership - regular & gold.  I went with the regular membership for now, but can always upgrade later if I change my mind (the gold membership gets you a discount on classes & kits - not sure if I'll make use of that yet...)  I get a 10% discount when I shop there, and there's a little something special on your birthday too! There's a little more to it (getting to use their crop room, etc.) but I've misplaced my sheet with all the deetz! 

Lastly - like a lot of other scrapbook shops they have a stamp card & when you spend XX dollars you get XX dollars free. BUT unlike a lot of other stores they ROUND UP!! Whoo! So if I spend $26 I get $30 stamped on my card!  I'm pretty sure the other stores in my city don't do this! :)  

Well, there you have it! Brand new scrapbooking store & things are only going to get better!  The store is far from where I live right now, BUT super close to work... delightfully dangerous! 

3 comments :

  1. I was *just* in Saskatoon this weekend (visiting my mom and taking her to Wicked) up from Regina and if I had known there was a new scrapbook store in town I probably would have stopped by. Not sure if I am sad to have missed it or glad to have not been tempted to spend money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous! That is just about all I will say this is Dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it a fab store? I'm definitely going to be there A LOT. Great pics of it, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.