Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mario Birthday Cake!


Here's what I did with it!

Mario Cake

I made a birthday cake for my boyfriend - all Mario Bros. themed!

The mushrooms, chomp flowers, turtle shell, stars and clouds are all made of gum paste.  The rest is fondant.  

I brought it over to his parent's house for his birthday supper.  His family was quite impressed.  I still need a lot more practice when it comes to cake decorating, and patience.  Maybe if it hadn't been 11:00pm the night before I would have been a little better.  

All in all I'm pretty happy with it.  :)  





3 comments :

  1. It looks great! I'm definitely impressed! If I tried to do that, you wouldn't be able to tell what anything was supposed to be at all. The stars are definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!!!! You did such a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're Mario cake is fabulous!!! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.