Wednesday 23 March 2011

Just a little late...

With spring upon us I thought I post some stuff from Christmas?!?!

Back in December I had a gingerbread house decorating party!  3 sets of couple friends joined me and Adam for a day of fun!

DSC07220

Rules: $10 gingerbread house kit (no getting fancy and making your own)
Bring extra candy (for eating & sharing!)

Team Amy and Landon had problems from the start... their house didn't want to hold together.   :(
DSC07221

They kept putting it outside to freeze it in place!
DSC07210

DSC07211

I LOVE her Little Miss Christmas tee!!

DSC07209
Happy people decorating!


Team Adam and Jill
DSC07217


quickly turned into just Team Adam....
DSC07216


Someone had to be snapping all the pics, right?!




Team Leslie & Ty! (aka my sister, and her fiance Ty)
DSC07214


Team Megan & Dale! AKA team PRO-STAR!!
DSC07208




DSC07213(2)
Dale's working on the landscaping!


DSC07215
Here Megan is doing the most incredible thing...making christmasy trees out of fondant!
She rolled it into cone shapes, and then snipped it all over with scissors to make the needly looking branches! SO COOL!!!


The results?
Team Amy & Landon:
DSC07227


Team Adam (and me?? lol Honestly, I did half of the shreddie roof, that was about it!)
DSC07234


Team Leslie & Ty
Somehow I didn't remember to get a shot of theirs on it's own!


Team Megan & Dale:
DSC07237


And all of them making a little gingerbread town!
DSC07244


This would be great to do with kids too!  It's inexpensive and a little messy =  FUN!!


I'd suggest having plenty of water and some salty snacks around to fight the sugar overload!!!  I don't think any of us ate candy for a week after that!

2 comments :

  1. I feel rejected! But I have pics of my house that I will email to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made a gingerbread house in years! :)
    looks like it was a great time!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.