Tuesday 11 January 2011

I'd like to introduce you to... pt. 2

I hope you all remember Megan:
(she has a hilarious kitty named Franklin who shares secrets with her!)

(if you missed it yesterday, check out part one here)




On April 21, 2010 Megan was diagnosed with MS.  

What is MS?  

"Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system which is composed of the brain and spinal cord. The disease attacks the myelin which is a protective covering wrapped around the nerves of the central nervous system."

I can honestly say that until MS affected someone close to me, I really didn't know anything about it.  For even more information that's simple enough to digest, take a look here.  

Currently there's no cure for MS but it is treatable.  There's some exciting research currently going on around the world, and I pray that somewhere they are getting closer to a cure, and in the mean time, finding better treatment options. 


All of this costs money. :(  




This year I've joined Megan's team to raise money for the MS Society of Canada's MS Walk on May 1, 2011.  Our team goal is to raise $5,000, and my own personal goal is to raise at least $500.  






I know that times are hard for everyone, and it is just the end of the holiday season, but I would appreciate for those who feel they could, to make a donation (remember, you can donate all the way up to May!)




There's a couple ways of doing this:


1.  Donate to me specifically online here (click the "pledge me online" button)


2. Make a donation to the team (distributed between members) (click on the "pledge my team online" button)




For every donation of $10 from now until the end of May I would like to send you a special thank you of a handmade blank "Thank You" card.  






SO... Let's say you donate $20.  I will give you 2 Thank You cards which are yours to give away when you want to send someone a special thank you note.  I thought this would be a little different (and better) than sending everyone a thank you card from myself because this way you can pay it forward (and we all know we never have thank you cards on hand when we need them!) 




In order to get your card(s) you HAVE TO:


1. Donate online to me (not the team-I'd have too many cards to make if I did this for everyone on the team collecting donations!!)


2. Include your name and the amount on the donor honor roll (this is the only proof of donation I have) 


3. Please email your name and mailing address to envirocraftiness@gmail.com




If you don't feel comfortable leaving your name and donation amount on the honor roll, but would like to donate, you can do so anonymously. Sadly, you aren't eligible to receive this sweet card offer though.


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and I hope you find a spare $10 or $20 to donate to this cause.  




If you'd like to find out more I'll leave you with some links:


My MS fundraising site


My team's fundraising site


My team's webpage - where you can read a lot more about Megan's story


MS Society of Canada



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.