Thursday 16 December 2010

Joining the wreath club!

So I've finally done it, I've made a wreath!  This one was made for my boyfriend's house because he has the perfect spot for one above the mantle.  

With out much of an idea of what I wanted to do, I headed out to Michael's.  I scored a wreath form on sale for $4.99 (regular$ 9.99) and then went in search of things to decorate it with.  

I was thinking of red and gold for colors, and then changed my mind to gold and white.  I found these adorable little stars!


They were so cute, but they were $5 for 5.  I thought "that's ridiculous, I bet I could make these!"


And that's what I did.  Full tutorial on them tomorrow, but here's how they turned out.  


Cute huh?  





I was going to spray paint everything gold (stars and pine cones), but I decided I liked the natural look. 



I just fastened everything with wire and this way if I ever want to change it, I can do so easily!  


It looks a little lopsided here, but I fixed that when I hung it in it's final destination.  

The whole wreath cost about $7!!

What do you think? :)



2 comments :

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. All comments are read and appreciated.